The Day I Decided to be More Honest




I was meeting a personal trainer at a cafe called, Chocolate in Pasadena. Hmmm, I thought, why would a personal trainer want to meet me here? Seems odd. I was with my sister. The trainer said we were cute and wanted to set us up with two guys she knew. We laughed and shared stories. She started talking about my fitness goals and I knew I had a decision to make. I could tell her the truth or I could lie to her and tell her I'll get back to her, but she'd never know why she didn't get my business. I looked at my sister, then I looked at her. "I'm sorry, but I want to get in shape and my personal trainer needs to be in better shape than me. I need to be inspired. This won't work." She looked at me and thanked me for my honesty.

So don't be surprised if you ask me a question and I tell you, "No that doesn't look good on you. You look tired. I didn't like how it tasted. You're not my type. I can spend every minute of every day with you and it still wouldn't be enough."
Previous Post Next Post